FREE childbirth, pregnancy, antenatal, labour, birth, baby parenting and breastfeeding classes. Pregnant women are welcome to bring a support person/ family member if they wish. Free Hospital Tours included.
Kia Ora, Talofa, Ni hao, Namaste, Hello
Please join us for friendly FREE Childbirth antenatal, pregnancy, labour & birth, baby care and breastfeeding classes. These Free Classes are for pregnant women and a support person and include a FREE Hospital Tour. Funded by Compass Health and CCDHB. Held across greater Wellington and Porirua and Waitangirua. Late bookings for all classes happily accepted. Choose to attend an Evening or Saturday Class or an 'Online-ZOOM' Class. A walking tour comes free with all classes.
WHERE? Compass Childbirth Classes are at 2-3 venues in Porirua either at Kenepuru hospital at 6.00 pm - 8.30 pm. First 3 Monday evenings of the month, with a tour of Kenepuru Maternity. Or a Saturday afternoon class at Waitangirua 1 to 4.30 pm date TBC for October and December.
Wellington - Compass childbirth Classes are held at the Cancer Society Rooms in Newtown
'ZOOM-IN' ONLINE from your home or flat 6-45pm to 8-45pm ( tour of hospital optional)
Compass Childbirth Classes are run by experienced Midwives and our breastfeeding peer support counsellor Mellissa Witko. Relaxed, informal and jam-packed sessions with information, tips, and techniques:
- Natural labour and birth
- Complex labour and birth-with medical interventions
- Natural pain relief options including Rebezo and a look at hypnosis
- Medical Pain Relief Options
- Baby check and newborn screening tests
- Breastfeeding your new baby
- Caring for a new baby- CPR, nappies, Safe Sleep, bathing baby
- Parenting tips for sleep and coping with lifestyle changes
WE NOW OFFER A POSTNATAL ZOOM 30 MINUTES CATCH UP FOR BUSY NEW MUMS. Kate Allan will email you a link so you can catch up from home and breastfeed the baby when you need.
HOW TO BOOK:- send an Email or click on the link and so we can match you to your choice of online zoom or in-person classes. Or text Melissa Witko on 0226739001 Mon- Fri 9 am - 5 pm
Who are we?
- Denise Garcia, mum of 6, with 6 mokopuna under 5. An LMC Community Postnatal Midwife, Childbirth Educator and trained Hypnobirth-Midwife-UK.
- Kate Allan is a mum of a 1-year-old baby, 9-year-old and step mum to 2 teenagers. She is a qualified baby car seat technician and has a Bachelor of Midwifery
- Melissa Witko is a mum of 3 young Pacific Island children, knows sign language, and is Breastfeeding Peer Support Counsellor.
- Sue Allan is mum of 3, grandmother of 2, and a Hospital Charge Midwife with loads of experience.
If you stay in Wellington check out the NICU- NEONATAL TRUST SHOP. They Hire and sell breast-pumps. $40 for a cot size wool/merino baby blanket, or buy a bag of baby clothes for $5 https://www.neonataltrust.org.nz/trust-shop
Reminder to Book FREE Whooping Cough/ Flu Vaccines in pregnancy at your Doctor. https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/immunisation/immunisation-pregnant-womenTop