Kia Ora, come try our Free Classes- no costs at all. Bring your own snacks and water bottle. We offer friendly information-packed classes, run by experienced Midwives. Please only attend in-person classes if 100% free from coughs, colds or covid- or book into a zoom class.
Kia Ora, Talofa, Ni Hao, Namaste, Konnichiwa, Marhaba, Hello, Hi! A kind warm welcome. We look forward to meeting you all. We offer loads of current 'Best Practice' information-packed sessions with tips on coping through labour, birth, all pain relief options, caring for a new baby, and feeding your newborn.
Tu Ora Compass Health is a not -for profit organisation, supported by CCDHB.
Your educators are all covid19 vaccinated. Midwife Denise Garcia is an LMC Community Midwife / Childbirth Educator with lots of knowledge and experience and Kate Allan has a bachelor of MIdiwfery, a young family and is working full time assisting parents with baby resources and information. Sue Allan is an Associate Charge Midwife at the hospital.
Who can attend our classes? A Hapu mama, they, them, a carer, a surrogate. You can bring 1 support person (a partner/family member/friend)
You can choose the full series of 3-4 classes or pick and choose, different dates and different locations. We will return to venues in Wellington and Porirua in June And also be offering Kapiti classes 4 times a year. We will offer a 50/50 mix of ZOOM and in-person classes to help everyone attend.
- what we cover- everything you need to know about normal labour and birth to complex labour and birth. baby's first weeks and postnatal care.
- Natural pain relief options include Rebezo, acupressure, positions, water, heat, equipment, pack your bags, and a look at hypnosis, breathing and so much more
- Medical pain relief options including gas and epidurals
- Baby health checks, decisions for parents/carers to consider. What to expect if you are birthing at home, a birthing unit, or a hospital. How to hold, dress, change a nappy and care for a newborn straight after the birth. Plus childcare options, car seat installation and safety, safe sleep, and CPR.
- Feeding baby, antenatal hand expressing- collecting colostrum, nutritional needs of the newborn.
- Tips from 2 very experienced parents on how to adjust your sleep/lifestyle to becoming a new parent(s) / carer.
HOW TO BOOK:- click on the link to 'enquire or book. or email us to book a class or ask us questions. sent us a message and you can give us your phone number and we can text to arrange a time to talk with you if you prefer.
Who are we? Denise Garcia, mum of 6, with 7 mokopuna under 6. An LMC Community Postnatal Midwife, Childbirth Educator, and trained Hypnobirth-Midwife-UK. Kate Allan is an ex midwife, mum of a 2-year-old and 11-year-old. Sue Allan is a mum of 3, grandmother of 2, and a Hospital Charge Midwife.
We support NICU- NEONATAL TRUST SHOP level 4, Wellington Hospital. They have the hand-expressing colostrum syringe packs for sale. Hire hospital-grade breast pumps. Or purchase at reduced prices. A bargain is the $40 merino wool bassinet/cot size baby under-blanket to keep your baby dry and warm. https://www.neonataltrust.org.nz/trust-shop
***Reminder to discuss with your pregnancy carer about Booking a FREE Whooping Cough/ Flu/ Covid Vaccines in pregnancy for Hapu Mamas at a vaccination center/ GP or Pharmacy. It is recommended that whanau and friends also consider vaccination as well. Please go to the MOH site for more information.*** https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/immunisation/immunisation-pregnant-women
IF you are feeling unwell or worried about your baby's reduced movements - Contact your Midwife IMMEDIATELY or call Wellington Hospital 04-3855999 ask for the Birthing Suite / Delivery Suite / Hutt Hospital 04-5666999 and ask for Birthing Suite you will speak to a midwife on call 24/7. We recommend you get advice and get help today - please don't delay.
Disclaimer: we offer generic information only - please seek medical advice from your MIdwife, GP or hospital if you have any concerns at all-we do not give medical advice.Top