Welcome to Compass Child Birth Classes - Free
Kia Ora and welcome to our Free antenatal, birth, childbirth, labour, pregnancy, baby and FEEDING YOUR BABY CLASSES.
At Compass Childbirth Classes we love teaching and our attendees enjoy our relaxed, information-packed birthing, baby, feeding baby classes. (Zoom will replace all classes if Covid19 level is at level 2 or higher)
Fully Funded Free classes by Tu Ora Compass Health - a not-for-profit organisation across Wellington and Porirua Cities. The classes are led by Denise Garcia an LMC Community Midwife with a lovely group of educators, primed to give you loads of helpful information. (see below)
Who can attend? A pregnant woman with 1-2 support persons ( a partner/family member or friend)
Kia Ora, Talofa, Ni Hao, Namaste, Konnichiwa, Marhaba, Hello and a kind warm welcome to you all.
Our Education Team look forward to meeting you all.
Our Classes are held in Newtown, Churton Park, Kenepuru Hospital Education Centre. Late bookings for all classes happily accepted. Choose the full series and/or the 'feeding you baby' component. Attend on Monday or Wednesday evening, a Saturday, or 'Online-ZOOM' Class from your home/ office/flat. A hospital walking tour is not possible because of covid19.
WHEN? Monday or Wednesday evenings or a full day Saturday class.
Compass Childbirth Classes are run by experienced Midwives, mothers with lots of experience. We offer relaxed, informal and jam-packed classes with ideas, tips, and much-needed information.
- Natural labour and birth
- Natural pain relief options including Rebezo and a look at hypnosis
- Medical Pain Relief Options including epidurals
- Complex labour and birth-with medical interventions
- Baby check and what to expect from newborn babies
- Feeding baby, antenatal hand expressing- collecting colostrum, nutritional needs of the newborn.
- Caring for a new baby- CPR, practice-changing a nappy, Safe Sleep and naps for baby, bathing baby, car seat installation and car seat safety.
- Parenting tips for coping with broken sleep and life with a new baby (babies)
We have a postnatal zoom 30 minutes catch up for new mums. Kate Allan will email you a link so you can catch up from home when the baby is here.
link to our Facebook page or Instagram to get regular updates on classes and current information.
HOW TO BOOK:- click on the link to 'enquire or book.
Or text 0226739001 Mon- Fri 9 am - 5 pm and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Who are we?
- Denise Garcia, mum of 6, with 6 mokopuna under 5. An LMC Community Postnatal Midwife, Childbirth Educator and trained Hypnobirth-Midwife-UK.
- Kate Allan is a mum of a 1-year-old baby, 9-year-old and step mum to 2 teenagers. She is a qualified baby car seat technician ( and will demonstrate car seat safety in our classes and has a Bachelor of Midwifery.
- Sue Allan is mum of 3, grandmother of 2, and a Hospital Charge Midwife with loads of experience.
We support NICU- NEONATAL TRUST SHOP level 4 Wellington Hospital. They have the hand-expressing colostrum syringe packs for sale at $6. plus beautiful hand made fabric covid19 masks, hire and sell hospital-grade breast-pumps. our favourite is the bargain buy of $40 for a cot size merino baby blanket. https://www.neonataltrust.org.nz/trust-shop
***Reminder to Book FREE Whooping Cough/ Flu Vaccines in pregnancy at your Doctor. https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/immunisation/immunisation-pregnant-women
IF you are unwell or worried about baby or reduced baby movements Contact your Midwife IMMEDIATELY or call Wellington Hospital 04-3855999 ask for birthing Suite / Delivery Suite / Hutt Hospital 04-5666999. We recommend you get advice and get help today - don't delay.Top