Free antenatal, birth, childbirth, labour, pregnancy, postnatal mother and baby classes; The Breastfeeding/baby class is 2-3 hours at the end of each full course. To book only for Breastfeeding 'click 'Enquire button' on the class date that suits you best with the message "Breastfeeding class" and we will get back to you to confirm the date and time.
Welcome to Compass Childbirth Classes. We love teaching and our attendees enjoy our relaxed, information-packed birthing, baby, breastfeeding classes. (Zoom will replace all classes if Covid19 level is above 2)
Fully Funded Free classes by Tu Ora Compass Health - a not-for-profit organisation across Wellington and Porirua Cities. The classes are led by Denise Garcia an LMC Community Midwife with a lovely group of educators, primed to give you loads of helpful information. (see below)
Who can attend? A pregnant woman with 1 support person ( a partner/family member or friend) Hospital tours showing you where to go in labour is available at covid19 level 1 only. Email handouts with lots of links for all the sessions.
Kia Ora, Talofa, Ni Hao, Namaste, Konnichiwa, Marhaba, Hello and a kind warm welcome to you all. Our education team look forward to meeting you. Our Classes are held in Newtown, Churton Park, Kenepuru Hospital and Cannons Creek, Porirua. Late bookings for all classes happily accepted. Choose the full series or the breastfeeding and baby component. Attend on a Weekday, Evening, Saturday, or 'Online-ZOOM' Class from your home/ office/flat. A hospital walking tour comes free with all classes at covid19 level 1.
WHEN? Monday or Wednesday evenings or Tuesday mornings. a weekday, or a full day Saturday class.
Compass Childbirth Classes are run by experienced Midwives, mothers with lots of experience and a breastfeeding peer support counsellor Melissa Witco. we offer relaxed, informal and jam-packed classes with ideas, tips, and much-needed information.
- Natural labour and birth
- Natural pain relief options including Rebezo and a look at hypnosis
- Medical Pain Relief Options including epidurals
- Complex labour and birth-with medical interventions
- Baby check and what to expect from newborn babies
- Breastfeeding, antenatal expressing.
- Caring for a new baby- CPR, practice-changing a nappy, Safe Sleep and naps for baby, bathing baby, car seat installation and car seat safety.
- Parenting tips for coping with broken sleep and life with a new baby(ies)
We have a postnatal zoom 30 minutes catch up for new mums. Kate Allan will email you a link so you can catch up from home when the baby is here.
link to our Facebook page or Instagram to get regular updates on classes and current information.
HOW TO BOOK:- send an Email or click on the link to 'enquire- for breastfeeding class only' or book so we can match you to your choice of online zoom or in-person classes. Or text 0226739001 Mon- Fri 9 am - 5 pm and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Who are we?
- Denise Garcia, mum of 6, with 6 mokopuna under 5. An LMC Community Postnatal Midwife, Childbirth Educator and trained Hypnobirth-Midwife-UK.
- Kate Allan is a mum of a 1-year-old baby, 9-year-old and step mum to 2 teenagers. She is a qualified baby car seat technician and has a Bachelor of Midwifery
- Melissa Witco is a mum of 3 young Pacific Island children, knows sign language, and is Breastfeeding Peer Support Counsellor.
- Sue Allan is mum of 3, grandmother of 2, and a Hospital Charge Midwife with loads of experience.
We support NICU- NEONATAL TRUST SHOP level 4 Wellington Hospital. They have fabric masks, hire and sell hosptial grade breast-pumps. $40 for a cot size merino baby blanket, or buy a bag of baby clothes for $5 https://www.neonataltrust.org.nz/trust-shop
***Reminder to Book FREE Whooping Cough/ Flu Vaccines in pregnancy at your Doctor. https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/immunisation/immunisation-pregnant-women
IF you are unwell or worried abour baby or reduced baby movements Contact your Midwife IMMEDIATELY or call Wellington Hospital 04-3855999 ask for Delivery Suite / Hutt Hospital 04-5666999 ask for Delivery Suite- We recommend you get advice and get help today - don't delay.Top