Free birth, antenatal, labour and pregnancy baby classes. Classes may change to ZOOM at any time due to Covid19 restrictions
Free antenatal, childbirth, pregnancy, labour, birth, baby, parenting and breastfeeding classes from Newtown to Porirua. There are no hidden costs - Its all free. The classes are led by Denise Garcia a Community Midwife with a lovely group of helpers teaching up to date current information. (see below)
Who can attend? A pregnant woman / a surrogate mum /an adoptive mum. Come by yourself or bring a partner, a support person a family member or a friend. Hospital tours are available at covid19 level 1 only. If we are in level 3 or 4 each classes will be transferred to a Zoom class. We give email handouts with lots of links for all the sessions.
Kia Ora, talofa, ni hao, namaste, konnichiwa, marhaba, hello, hi, gidday to you all and a kind warm welcome. We look forward to meeting you.
Please join us for our friendly FREE childbirth classes. We cover antenatal and pregnancy cares, labour & birth options, informed consent, natural and medical pain relief, complex labour, the birth, newborn baby cares, baby CPR and breastfeeding.
Pregnant women with a partner or support person can attend. We are fully funded by Compass Health and CCDHB.
We facilitate our classes from Newtown, Churton Park, Kenepuru hospital and Cannons Creek, Porirua. Late bookings for all classes happily accepted. Choose to attend a weekday classes, evening classes, a Saturday Class or an 'Online-ZOOM' Class from your home/ office/flat. A hospital walking tour comes free with all classes- (covid19 level 1).
WHEN? Monday or Wednesday evenings or Tuesday mornings. Or a full day Saturday class.
Compass Childbirth Classes are run by experienced Midwives , a breastfeeding peer support counsellor Mellissa Witko- who is also fluent in sign language. These are relaxed, informal and jam-packed classes with ideas, tips, and much needed informtion.
- Natural labour and birth
- Natural pain relief options including Rebezo and a look at hypnosis
- Medical Pain Relief Options
- Complex labour and birth-with medical interventions
- Baby check and what to expect from newborn babies
- Breastfeeding your new baby
- Caring for a new baby- CPR, nappies, Safe Sleep, bathing baby
- Parenting tips for sleep and coping with lifestyle changes
WE NOW OFFER A POSTNATAL ZOOM 30 MINUTES CATCH UP FOR BUSY NEW MUMS. Kate Allan will email you a link so you can catch up from home and breastfeed the baby when you need.
link to our Facebook page or Instagram to get regular updates on classes and current information.
HOW TO BOOK:- send an Email or click on the link and so we can match you to your choice of online zoom or in-person classes. Or text 0226739001 Mon- Fri 9 am - 5 pm and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Who are we?
- Denise Garcia, mum of 6, with 6 mokopuna under 5. An LMC Community Postnatal Midwife, Childbirth Educator and trained Hypnobirth-Midwife-UK.
- Kate Allan is a mum of a 1-year-old baby, 9-year-old and step mum to 2 teenagers. She is a qualified baby car seat technician and has a Bachelor of Midwifery
- Melissa Witko is a mum of 3 young Pacific Island children, knows sign language, and is Breastfeeding Peer Support Counsellor.
- Sue Allan is mum of 3, grandmother of 2, and a Hospital Charge Midwife with loads of experience.
If you stay in Wellington or wish to check out the NICU- NEONATAL TRUST SHOP. they have fabric masks, hire and sell hosptial grade breast-pumps. $40 for a cot size merino baby blanket, or buy a bag of baby clothes for $5 https://www.neonataltrust.org.nz/trust-shop
***Reminder to Book FREE Whooping Cough/ Flu Vaccines in pregnancy at your Doctor. https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/immunisation/immunisation-pregnant-women
IF you are unwell or worried abour baby or reduced baby movements URGENTLY contact your Midwife IMMEDIATELY or call Wellington Hospital 04-3855999 ask for Delivery Suite / Hutt Hospital 04-5666999 ask for Delivery Suite- We recommend you get advice and get help today - don't delay.Top