Free antenatal, birth, childbirth, labour, pregnancy, postnatal baby and mother breastfeeding classes.
Welome to Compass Childbirth Classes. We cover Antenatal, Birth, Caring for baby, Breastfeeding and Parenting Classes. (Zoom will replace classes only at Covid19 level 2-4)
Fully Funded Free classes by Tu Ora Compass Health - a not-for-profit organisation across Wellington and Porirua Cities. The classes are led by Denise Garcia an LMC Community Midwife with a lovely group of helpers teaching up to date current information. (see below)
Who can attend? A pregnant woman and a support person with a family member or friend. Hospital tours are available at covid19 level 1 only. If we are in level 3 or 4 each classes will be transferred to a Zoom class. We give email handouts with lots of links for all the sessions.
Kia Ora, talofa, ni hao, namaste, konnichiwa, marhaba, hello, hi to you all and a kind warm welcome. We look forward to meeting you.
Classes are located in Newtown, Churton Park, Kenepuru hospital and Cannons Creek, Porirua. Late bookings for all classes happily accepted. Choose to attend a weekday class, evening classes, a Saturday Class or 'Online-ZOOM' Class from your home/ office/flat. A hospital walking tour comes free with all classes at covid19 level 1.
WHEN? Monday or Wednesday evenings or Tuesday mornings. Or a full day Saturday class.
Compass Childbirth Classes are run by experienced Midwives, a breastfeeding peer support counsellor Melissa Witko- who is fluent in sign language. Relaxed, informal and jam-packed classes with ideas, tips, and much-needed information.
- Natural labour and birth
- Natural pain relief options including Rebezo and a look at hypnosis
- Medical Pain Relief Options including epidurals
- Complex labour and birth-with medical interventions
- Baby check and what to expect from newborn babies
- Breastfeeding your new baby
- Caring for a new baby- CPR, nappies, Safe Sleep, bathing baby
- Parenting tips for sleep and coping with lifestyle changes
We have a postnatal zoom 30 minutes catch up for new mums. Kate Allan will email you a link so you can catch up from home when baby is here.
link to our Facebook page or Instagram to get regular updates on classes and current information.
HOW TO BOOK:- send an Email or click on the link and so we can match you to your choice of online zoom or in-person classes. Or text 0226739001 Mon- Fri 9 am - 5 pm and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Who are we?
- Denise Garcia, mum of 6, with 6 mokopuna under 5. An LMC Community Postnatal Midwife, Childbirth Educator and trained Hypnobirth-Midwife-UK.
- Kate Allan is a mum of a 1-year-old baby, 9-year-old and step mum to 2 teenagers. She is a qualified baby car seat technician and has a Bachelor of Midwifery
- Melissa Witko is a mum of 3 young Pacific Island children, knows sign language, and is Breastfeeding Peer Support Counsellor.
- Sue Allan is mum of 3, grandmother of 2, and a Hospital Charge Midwife with loads of experience.
We support NICU- NEONATAL TRUST SHOP level 4 Wellington Hospital. They have fabric masks, hire and sell hosptial grade breast-pumps. $40 for a cot size merino baby blanket, or buy a bag of baby clothes for $5 https://www.neonataltrust.org.nz/trust-shop
***Reminder to Book FREE Whooping Cough/ Flu Vaccines in pregnancy at your Doctor. https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/immunisation/immunisation-pregnant-women
IF you are unwell or worried abour baby or reduced baby movements Contact your Midwife IMMEDIATELY or call Wellington Hospital 04-3855999 ask for Delivery Suite / Hutt Hospital 04-5666999 ask for Delivery Suite- We recommend you get advice and get help today - don't delay.Top