Compass Childbirth Classes are fully-funded / free classes run by experienced Midwives in Wellington and Kenepuru. The classes are relaxed, informal, and jam-packed with information, tips and techniques, including:
- What to expect in the third trimester
- Preparing for labour and birth
- Caring for a new baby
The classes also include an optional guided walking tour of both Wellington and Kenepuru hospitals, the opportunity to ask lots of questions, and engage with other parents-to-be.
How to book
Classes are suitable for mothers and their birth supporter / whanau member / friend anytime from week 28 of pregnancy.
Classes run for four weeks on a Monday or Wednesday evening, or alternatively are held over two-half days on a weekend.
You can book online via the class calendar by selecting the dates that suit you. Bookings may be accepted up until the day of the course, but book early to avoid disappointment. We will confirm your booking via email within the week of booking.
- Newtown classes cover parents located in the greater Wellington region: Northland, Ngaio, Karori, CBD, Island Bay, Mt Victoria, Seatoun, Miramar, etc
- Location is generally at the Cancer Society Rooms at 52 Riddiford St, Newtown. Free parking is available.
- Location may change depending on availability. You will be advised of the location if this applies to your class.
- Kenepuru classes cover parents located in the Northern Suburbs: Broadmeadows, Khandallah, Johnsonville, Newlands, Churton Park, Tawa, Porirua, Elsdon, Titahi Bay, Plimmerton, Whitby, Papakowhai, Aotea
- Classes are located at Kenepuru Hospital Education Centre. Free parking is available.
About the Midwives/Educators
Denise Garcia is a Midwife of 20 years and a mother of six. She has been teaching Childbirth Education for 30 years. Denise has a Masters Degree in Education Leadership.
Sue Allan is a Midwife of six years working at Wellington Hospital and is a mother of three